Tuesday, February 24, 2009

TRUST THEM

The Filipinos (not all) have passion for cockfighting; breeding cocks to choose an opponent in the cockpit arena. These birds may be locally bred or cocks imported from the United States. It started from early people up to the present generation. Cocks are carefully given extra attention and conditioned well before being brought to the arena to fight. The bird owners bet thousands or even million of pesos for his cock. But do you know that in the cockpit arena, everyone trusts each other by sign language only betting certain amount to a cock which may be the favorite or underdog. After each fight, you were paid if you choose the winning cock but you will pay if you lose. They understand each other by hand language only. For all you know, people from all walks of life come to the arena especially during SUNDAYS and when there are derbies. That hand sign is a verbal understanding not a written contract on gentlemen's agreement; I will pay you if I lose on my bet but you will pay me if I win. I hope politicians are like cokfighters who gentlemanly accept defeat and do their promises to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment